Sunday 26 May 2013

Five Years Old

I missed the date, but yesterday was this blog's fifth birthday. Five years! Back then, Eurovision was still fun (my first post), and some chap called Gordon Brown was prime minister - remember him? Five years on, I'm still delighted I took the plunge into the wide blog sea and started Nigeness. If reading it has given anyone as much pleasure as writing it has given me, then it's done its job. I wonder where we'll all be when the tenth anniversary rolls round... But now the sun is out, and I'm off to a favourite spot to look for butterflies.

6 comments:

  1. And I wonder whose hand will be on the tiller in five years Nige? Gove I fancy, with Farage as his glove-puppet. Either way, please keep giving me more of the anti-dystopia that keeps me smiling over my multi-cheerios

    ReplyDelete
  2. But now the sun is out, and I'm off to a favourite spot to look for butterflies.

    May that conclude the post celebrating your tenth birthday. congrats and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Happy Anniversary.
    I have learnt much and been entertained much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everybody - and thanks Dave for that gem. The blue butterflies that VN loved most are often drawn to dung, but they're not the only ones of their kind - the Purple Emperor is notorious for his depraved tastes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogbirthday Nige - here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete